Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I did it!



Happy 2014, everyone. First blog post of the year. Yes, I'm a bit lazy since it's already the 8th day of the year and only here is my first 2014 post. So I didn't keep my summer goal to write an entry a day but I'm determined to keep my New Year resolutions this year. I hardly make resolutions. I figure, what the heck, let's give a go.

I'm off to a great start. It's easy to begin the resolution. The hard part is coming up...keeping to the resolutions. One of my new year resolution is to cook more and advance my cooking skills. Yup, you've got it, cooking and me just doesn't mix well together. This year, I'm going to try to motivate myself, encourage myself, and entertain myself with my cooking. This past weekend, I accomplished it. I made my first green bean casserole. Whooo..... how I was so proud of myself to keeping to my goal to make it and not give in to laziness. 

In my opinion, it was a delicious casserole. I bought local green beans. Yay to me for supporting local farmers. I had to buy measuring spoons and cups because I really don't remember where I hid my old ones. :)  After all the ingredients were bought, I followed the recipe and it was done. I have made my first delicious green bean casserole. My family enjoyed it and my daughter gave me a gold star. That gold star was all that matters. If I got my daughter eating vegetables, I'm a big winner. This weekend, I'm starting my other resolution...running.

No comments:

Post a Comment